Momcat
KD Forum Leader

Genetics a given, trigger to be determined

Post by Momcat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 am

MikesMom
100+ Posts

Re: Genetics a given, trigger to be determined

Post by MikesMom » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 am

PS............the research coming out of Sick Kids Toronto is the reasons for our lastest Dr. "Ironman" McCrindle fundraising............please visit www.kdcanada.ca for more information and ways to help!!
Thanks
Pauline
"Creating Awareness One Beat At A Time"
http://www.kdcanada.ca

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:23 pm

This is just one more of a long line about how they think, they almost, might have found, could have possibly discovered, a genetic link, but in their own words
it is "unclear"

They need to quite with the genetic studies and find out what it is in the environment that is making our kids sick.

Momcat
KD Forum Leader

Post by Momcat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 pm

They don't need to quit genetic studies! This is how they may find the trigger.......once they see which part of the immune system is either flawed, or over - reacting it will narrow down the focus onto the triggers. All of the studies the researchers are doing is helpful. Thankfully there are some studies that overlap with the same studies and back each other up with the results. I think we are getting closer to understanding more about KD and coronary artery diseases in general.

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Sometimes I come off a little strong, and I am sorry.
But anytime somebody says genetics and environment or trigger in the same sentence , something ain't right.

I am pretty sure I am allergic to arsenic, I also know that some people can take more arsenic than others and still live. How many times do we see a TV program were the spouse poisons the other spouse and the victim is laying in the hospital bed as the doctor comes in and says that there is enough arsenic in their system to kill several people.

I don't know, can it be genetics if it takes an environmental trigger?

If we find out differently I promise I will print this and eat it.

Momcat
KD Forum Leader

Post by Momcat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Yes of course, this is what they think most auto immune diseases are.....a set up with the right genetics combined with an environmental trigger.