Regression: Plavix or not - trust that mommy instinct

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
Cici
10+ Posts

Regression: Plavix or not - trust that mommy instinct

Post by Cici » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 pm

My son got KD when he was 15 months old. We started IVIG on Jan 1st and discharged on Jan 6th. He had two moderate to large aneurysms. He was on low dose aspirin plus Lovenox twice daily. We went back for an echo weekly for 6 weeks. Over those 6 weeks, the results showed regression every other week. We talked about the really good possibility of taking him off Lovenox at week 6. At week 6, his right aneurysm regressed to normal and his left one regressed to small. EKG was normal. So we were all ready to go off Lovenox. The doctor said we could go off Lovenox but we didn’t expect our doctor to put him on duel antiplatelet therapy of Plavix and aspirin. I did a lot of research, read a lot of KD stories, and read the medical guides for KD on the Circulation Journal. Plus my son has been doing so well since we were discharged from the hospital. He is happy and busy like his normal self. My instincts as a mom is telling me he does not need Plavix, aspirin is enough for him. I talked to his doctor and his other two colleagues from the same clinic because he showed some side effects after he started Plavix. They were okay to stop Plavix for two days but still recommended to continue Plavix. To protect my boy from potential over medication, I’m following my instincts and looking for a second opinion regarding my son’s long term treatment plan. We’re waiting for his doctor to refer us to someone with KD experiences.
Any insight is much appreciated.❤️❤️❤️