IN NEED OF HELP/ADVICE!

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
Denise04

IN NEED OF HELP/ADVICE!

Post by Denise04 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 am

We're at the hospital today. My son is 1 year old 3 months he had fever with runny nose and cough for the past 4-5 days after 3 days of on and off fever he developed rashes that started on his face going down.
He's doctor adviced us to have him admitted for further observation since he had fever for more than a week. At first they're not giving me the diagnosis then a nurse talked and explained to me what is happening. He is suspected to show symptoms of kawasaki disease due to long episodes of fever and developed rash on his body and they need him to be observed further more.

I just want to ask parents who already encountered this disease if symptomes shows gradually or does it appear all of a sudden.
I just want piece of mind and think this is just roseola and nothing more serious cause doctors and nurses here are talking to me like it's severe but telling me not to worry cause the other symptoms are not yer showing. How can i not worry if it can clog the artery or develope aneurysm.

I just gone through a miscarriage last week and it's just the start of the year and i feel like my world is falling apart and crushing me. Please i need advice!

Thank you.
Last edited by Denise04 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Denise04

Re: IN NEED OF HELP/ADVICE!

Post by Denise04 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 am

Denise04 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 am
We're at the hospital today. My son is 1 year old 3 months he had fever with runny nose and cough for the past 4-5 days after 3 days of on and off fever he developed rashes that started on his face going down.
He's doctor adviced us to have him admitted for further observation since he had fever for more than a week. At first they're not giving me the diagnosis then a nurse talked and explained to me what is happening. He is suspected to show symptoms of kawasaki disease due to long episodes of fever and developed rash on his body and they need him to be observed further more.

I just want to ask parents who already encountered this disease if symptomes shows gradually or does it appear all of a sudden.
I just want piece of mind and think this is just roseola and nothing more serious cause doctors and nurses here are talking to me like it's severe but telling me not to worry cause the other symptoms are not yer showing. How can i not worry if it can clog the artery or develope aneurysm.

I just gone through a miscarriage last week and it's just the start of the year and i feel like my world is falling apart and crushing me. Please i need advice!

Thank you.

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 pm

hi

symptoms do not show up all at once....can develop symptoms over multiple days
most significant symptom is fever that does not go away and doesn't respond to tylenol or ibuprofen

good luck :)

PS my condolences on your miscarriage...I remember how sad I felt

Nancy

Denise04

Post by Denise04 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Nancy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 pm
hi

symptoms do not show up all at once....can develop symptoms over multiple days
most significant symptom is fever that does not go away and doesn't respond to tylenol or ibuprofen

good luck :)

PS my condolences on your miscarriage...I remember how sad I felt

Nancy
So does that mean that he really might have Kawasaki disease?
His fever is gone now but the rash isn't subsiding with the antihistamine that was given to him it looks like it's getting worse too.

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:45 pm

hi

Has he red eyes, strawberry tongue ? Have they checked inflammation markers in lab work ? No specific test for KD, but
certain lab values will be elevated. Have they done an echocardiogram of his heart ?

nancy

Denise04

Post by Denise04 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Hi nancy

No he does not have red eyes and strawberry tounge but lips are cracked but not swollen he already finished 1 and half IV Fluids and drinking plenty of water, rash are also visible on his soles and palms but not yet that much the doctor said nothing just observe. They haven't informed about his lab results. I hope it's just viral.

If i insisted for an ECHO will it show some relevant result to detect if he really have kawasaki?

Thank you for your responses too. I really appreciate it.

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:54 pm

hi

sorry you haven't gotten more answers from the docs :(

Is he at a Children's Hospital, being seen by a pediatric cardiologist ?
A regular hospital or community hospital is just equipped to diagnose or treat Kawasaki Disease.

An echo doesn't guarantee a diagnosis of KD...but, it does check for any possible effects on the heart, which
would confirm a KD diagnosis.

best
Nancy

Cici
10+ Posts

Post by Cici » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi

My son had rash over his upper body first and a couple days later he developed new rash on all his fingers. Then his fingers started to swell. We transferred to Children’s Hospital and finally got diagnosed for KD. He had fever for over a week, cracked lips and he didn’t move or walk for two days probably because of he was having joint pain. Hope everything is getting better now. Good luck!

All the best,
Cici