Kawasaki??

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
kaywex

Kawasaki??

Post by kaywex » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:08 pm

I'm looking for a little guidance. My daughter has not been diagnosed with Kawasaki and I'm wondering what people think.

Friday morning daughter said she didnt want to go to school. Took her temp, fever in the 38s. Spent the day on the couch.
Fever all day saturday, sunday, monday. Spent those 3 days on the couch with fever routinely between 39.7 and 40.1

Tuesday (her 6th birthday) she was perkier and seemed much better. All of a sudden at dinner she seemed out of sorts and later her fever was very high (40.1)
Wednesday she had no fever in the morning but was very tired. Took her to children's hospital er where they tested for strep and did a chest x-ray. Was told she had a few kawasaki symptoms inclding red lips, swollen lymph nodes (but not the full 1.5 cm) and had had one slightly red eye at the beginning of the fevers. Was discharged with list of symptoms to look out for. Told that if she has fever on friday to return to er.
After getting home the er doctor called to say the radiologist thinks he sees something in her chest x ray and shes given biaxin. She's had 4 doses and seems to be getting better. temp at dinner time around 38.1 and 37.8 (so fever gone) at bedtime.

Can antibiotics kind of mask the fever symptom in KD? I'm nervous she has it and its going to get missed. Any and all advice appreciated.