Anyone been diagnosed with KD even after bloods normal?

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
Jadies

Anyone been diagnosed with KD even after bloods normal?

Post by Jadies » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Hello over the past 2weeks and 3 days my 9month old son has been I'll on and off having a fever for 5-6 days in a row and then again 5 days in a row ending yesterday! He has been prescribed antibiotics for tonsillitis and chest infection, we spent 3days in hospital the first time and just spent a night in last night, each time they are putting down to virus, he has shown symptoms of KD from day one, a rash that covered his body and face looked like measles, thrush on toungue, red dry lips, fever, irritable, not feeding, diarreah which they keep putting down to antibiotics, they sent us home the first time after 3 days saying bad virus along with thrush and tonsillitis, he was much better and perkier for a good few days then come Christmas eve started going down hill again, Dr said swollen throat again and vest infection, his toes started to peel and his penis was red and sore, extreme rash redness of nappy area but could be due to teething, and genuinely clingy and irritable, after last night in hospital after me suggesting KD they ran bloods, appently slight levels raised in inflammation markers and a virus showing but they do no longer believe it to be KD, he seems much perjurer again today and I am hoping this is him on the up now an we will have no more episodes but I can't get it out of my mind that what if it was KD and thy missed and he will suffer heart damage! All he does have a grade 1/2 heart mumor they picked up from the first hospital trip two weeks ago x
Last edited by Jadies on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jadies

Re: Anyone been diagnosed with KD even after bloods normal?

Post by Jadies » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:56 pm

My baby is usually such a hyper happy charecter who just wants to be on the floor exploring and eating so this past 2 weeks has been really hard to see him so down and miserable x

chocalula

Re: Anyone been diagnosed with KD even after bloods normal?

Post by chocalula » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:39 am

Hi there hope your little guy is a bit better!! I know your stress i was exactly the same just under 3 months ago, it was a tortuous time for sure. My boy had several symptoms also, strawberry tongue, non-exudate conjunctivitis, rash coming and going, red hands and feet and dry cracked lips, persistent fever for 8 nights but bloods only showed mildly raised inflammation so they diagnosed scarlet fever(neg cultures 3x) bacterial(but unresponsive to antibiotics)UTI then not and finally agreed on viral illness with viral conjunctivitis. I pushed for an echo which they agreed to and it was all clear :).His hands and feet peeled a week after fever subsided, he then developed arthritis symptoms but seemed to be on the up and up. It all went downhill 2 weeks later, they now believe he was presenting at that time with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and has also been diagnosed with bilateral uveitis hence the red eyes, his inflammation markers skyrocketed since the original set of bloods. He had a follow up echo at 6 weeks which also was good!! I have been told hands and feet can peel with viral illnesses especially if there is visible swelling and redness on the hands, I really do hope your boy has just had a brush with a nasty virus and hope for a speedy recovery for him :)