Atypical Kawasaki

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
edouglas

Atypical Kawasaki

Post by edouglas » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 pm

My 4 year old daughter is experiencing SOME of the symptoms of Kawasaki, but not all. Swollen hands, feet, rash, lips and extended fever. We've been to the ER on two different occasions and both doctors indicate that is NOT Kawasaki, but she is showing symptoms of Kawasaki. So the diagnosis is Atypical Kawasaki. HELP! Is there such a thing? To me, either you have it or you don't. They did not recommend the IGIV treatment. Just a 1/2 aspirin a day. We're on DAY 10 and my baby still has joint pain, hand pain and ankle pain. Any suggestions to comfort her? She wants me to carry her around periodically. And is irritated. At first I thought she was being dramatic.....but I realize that she is not overreacting. HELP! Any suggestions??

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Re: Atypical Kawasaki

Post by Nancy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:45 pm

She needs to be evaluated by a Pediatric Cardiologist ASAP, not an ER doc :)

Best of Luck !
nancy

atulp
10+ Posts

Re: Atypical Kawasaki

Post by atulp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Please go to a pediatric er immediately and get ivig. My daughter was diagnosed with atypical kawasaki disease 6 weeks ago and received ivig on day 5 of her fever. She ended up getting a second dose after spiking another fever but showed so much improvement after the first treatment. Atypical kawasaki only means she wasn't showing all of the classic symptoms but the treatment is exactly the same. Please demand that they treat your daughter with ivig!