Need a professional carpet cleaning service

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
liquidambar
500+ Posts

Re: Need a professional carpet cleaning service

Post by liquidambar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 am

Jonown88;

I am sorry for not being more direct and making myself clear.

Six weeks too long??

That doctor out in California Dr. Burns who is the Kawasaki's expert says; that kids that came down with Kawasaki's breathed in something, six weeks approximatley pior to the onset of Kawasakis.

Lungs are like a direct way to the blood stream, just like a needle!

I know that the professional carpet cleaning companies are rich and powerful and all that, but really being rich and powerful only makes them more trust worthy. Who can you trust if not the rich, powerful, and tied to the hip of goverment agencies.

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm

@liquidambar.....have you read Dr Jane Burns' Kawasaki Disease research ???

Her research focus is on the genetic predisposition children many have to KD...*not* something they "breathe in"

Please check facts...

nancy

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Nancy;
Thanks
Help me out here though.
What did she say about that?

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:36 pm

There is much in the medical literature..but, try this

http://www.emory.edu/CHCS/Kawasaki/pdf_ ... sFINAL.pdf

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Okay, I read it several times and thought on it.
She has a lot of data, but interpertations of that data are just that --her interpertations, nothing really hard hitting. I am sorry.
She trys to do the twins, but after mentioning them and then - I think she said that faternal was just as likely to get it as identical she then says that the Asian or the Japanese birth of twin rates are so rare that there is not very good data on it. By the way If faternal twins have it even almost as much as identical twins- in most scientific studies of other diseases it is considered an environmental cause..

Back in the late 70's I did a research paper on Japan's lower heart attack rate than the United States. Yes, Japan did at least at that time.

I also found it interesting that Kawasaki's spiked really - really high in Japan in 1982 and again in 1986. Just a concidence I am sure, but it was 1982 and 1986-87 that our family first my daughter and then my son (2 times) had Kawasakis here in the United States. We are not Asian Americans but both sides of our family can trace our ancestary as being on this continent of America as far back as mid 1600s, and are bascially from the British Ises and the Cherokee. Not hardly Asian American.

Momcat
KD Forum Leader

Post by Momcat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:47 pm

LOL!
Jane Burns is not doing research on the CAUSE of KD. Her research in on the genetics of KD. She is telling us WHY it is more likely to be in families, she is not saying that genetics CAUSE KD. She is saying here is what science proves, you might have more of a tendency to GET IT if you have the genetics that are wired for you to be succeptible to it. She doesn't know what STARTS the immune system to go into overdrive (could be something environmental or whatever!).......that is that part that is in the genetics. Her research is 100% backed by scientific tests and you just can not call this INTERPRETATION. Honestly LA, you are so convinced of your own reasoning you can't see the forest through your trees. No one has said genetics CAUSE KD. I honestly do not see why you are continuously confused.
Good grief-statistics are statistics. So what if most of the people are Asian or African American? I couldn't care less if they were GREEN children. My daughter is 100% caucasion and had one of the worst cases of KD in the world. What on earth does that have to do with anything? So whatever is in her DNA somewhere makes her similar to races that get KD easier........?? Dr Burns doesn't say that ONLY Asians, etc get it. She's proving that DNA research (an EXACTING science) shows what these kids might have in common.......and guess what? If you have one kids that had it, then you have 10 times a higher risk of another one getting it. A very rare disease, with interesting odds. Gene mapping is new and it is INCREDIBLE-a science---not subject to "interpretation". I think most of the population has a genetic system that nails any kind of KD from doing much at all. Or MAYBE little bouts of KD in mild forms of most people is what causes arterial problems later on---who knows?
You must have your head spinning about the news that there are perhaps hundreds of gene mutations involved in Autism.......
These KD professionals are light years ahead of any of us with zero expertise.......so I am unimpressed if you are not hit hard with facts. Your facts are in your own mind. Besides, didn't you say Dr Burns was the one doing research on what kids breathed in 6 weeks previous to KD. Would you please show us THAT article?

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Nope I can't - I have looked and looked for it. So now I think - either it is gone, or maybe I am mistaken on that article.
But in reading her study much is left to interupations.
Overall Twin Rates

White Americans/White Europeans: 14.5 in 1000 (1 in 69)
Black Americans: 1 in 60 (but as low as 1 in 40)
Japanese: 1 in 150
Chinese: 1 in 250
Mixed Asian: 1 in 125
Nigerian: 1 in 22
Norway, Denmark, Netherlands: 1 in 49
England: 1 in 76

These statistics are not infallible. The use of fertility treatments will cause the number of twin births to become higher, so they could be as high as 1 in 38 with the use of fertility drugs, to about 1 in 68 without (for all types of twins).

1 in 50 people is a fraternal twin in the USA, and 1 in 150 is an identical twin. 1/3 of all twins born in the US are identical, but in Japan the figure is 2/3.

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh and Momcat;
When you talk to me, do not in any way try to put me down. It is not very nice.

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Oh, the latest on autism for the past two years is that it is environmental.
They just finished the largest twin study ever done and it was done in the state of California.
the conclusion is:
It is environmental as they hem haaaa around, and try to state it in a way to keep out of any heated discussions.

http://blog.autismspeaks.org/2011/07/04 ... k-factors/

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:46 pm

reminder...for the benefit of ALL..

Could we kindly stick to the topic of Kawasaki Disease ?

I am sure there are forums for anyone interested in autism, etc

But, let's stay on track with Kawasaki Disease here...

thanks
nancy

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 am

Nancy you are always chiming in about keeping to the subject - reminder to all, you say.
Which is in itself out of the blue and I might add it to is getting rather old and worn.
As for autism being linked to Kawasakis, it is heart breakingly so for some.
Autism is not some magic word all on it's own but a product of a brain injury, and since Kawasakis is a mulit-organ vasculitiis and not just the heart only, it is very much part of the conversation.

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 am

Then kindly back up your statement of connection with a credible medical reference, no pseudo-science, please :)

nancy

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Considering it will soon be going on 30 years now that my famiy was first introduced to Kawasakis, maybe a little pseudo science as you call it - or best guess from people who have lived with it for a long time might be in order.

liquidambar
500+ Posts

Post by liquidambar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Nancy, You and Momcat are needed - you just got a new one coming in that needs your advice. Minigirl whose five year old is outside the window to give him a IVIG sounds like she really needs help. Tell her she might have to put a gun to the doc's head to get him to at least give the child an echocardigram. Ask her what part of the country she is in that they could be so backwards? Ask her if she had the resources to fly it in to see some medical expert were they are so all knowing what to do all ready to give it perhaps not the IVIG but maybe those plus steriods, test the SED rates to see if it is getting better, maybe put it on some kind of blood thinner. Most can not even get the hearts checked out - what is the chance that any other blood vessels going to the other organs are going to be checked? Or worse yet, most of the medical profession don't seem to even care.
Get busy, you are needed and you will be needed for the next 30 years because nothing is changing.

KCLP
100+ Posts

Post by KCLP » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 pm

A line has been crossed when anxious/worried parents are inoccently injected into a personal agenda. Remember, this forum has been created to provide a lay-mans outlet to share experiences and thoughts. Members are not Dr's or researchers - simply family/patients seeking advise, support - sharing stories and posting research. To make a diagnosis using this forum as the vehicle or push an agenda is plain irresponsible.

The post was created as "Need a professional carpet cleaning service" stay on topic please.

KCLP