resolve carpet cleaner

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
susanpet

Re: resolve carpet cleaner

Post by susanpet » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:40 pm

My son, now 8 had KD when he was 3. We were on vacation in Cape Cod Aug 7-9. Our cottage was just finished being cleaned (rugs were still damp when we got in). 10 days later he was starting with symptoms. i did read somewhere that a scientist had scientific evidence between the two.

monkeysmama
10+ Posts

Post by monkeysmama » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:54 am

We share a home with my mother and grandmother, and during the 7-10 days prior to my son's KD diagnosis my mother had just purchased a new carpet cleaner and had used it at least 3 times on the floors where Dax played. I distinctly remember telling her to please pick him up from the floor where she'd put him to play because the carpets were still wet from the most recent cleaning.
Then again, exactly one week prior to diagnosis, he had received a set of shots, including his Rotavirus vaccine. Could that be the cause?
I wish there was a definative answer, but I doubt we'll ever know.

Sue Parsons

Post by Sue Parsons » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:31 pm

When my daughter was diagnosed in 1980, they thought it was caused by caarpet cleaning, migrant birds, plaant food, and even the diapers we used! We used to have to make out survey forms every couple of months with the things we had eaten, been to, had contact with or whatever. Even the kind of toilet paper we used! We were asked if we had contact with Asians or Koreans, if we had been to parties, or large groups of gatherings. All kinds of things. It was crazy for us not knowing what on earth it was caused by and then wondering if your were feeding her something or washing her clothes in the wrong stuff or everything you were doing could kill your child. It eventually got so disgustingly aggravating that you didnt want to fill out the surveys anymore, but you felt guilty because what if there was something you could find in common with another kd family and you dint fill out the form? Finally they stopped asking questions and once in a great while we heard from them at CDC. For many years now we have heard nothing from them at all. It has been almost 30 years now. Dont you think they could have come up with some reason by now? I dont think they will ever know. We need a few scientist and a couple Drs to get KD and then see how fast they can find out what it is and cure it! Sue

blewis

Post by blewis » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 pm

I agree with the carpet cleaning and the genetic issue. We did use Resolve regularly in our household when our son go KD in October of 2008. I hadn't really thought too closely about the carpet, because my husband had KD in 1983. He was not given the IVIG, but asprin. My son on the other hand was given NO TREATMENT! I do think that there is something that's causing this...and you'd think with our medical technology that we could figure it out!

DanielleJ

Post by DanielleJ » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey mom's, I posted the Nightmare we share story... And actually, I hadn't given the carpet cleaner theory much thought, until you mentioned resolve... I have used it numerously in my home, all over my carpets... soon we need to compare notes, and go further. I will be starting a Kawasaki awareness movement and requesting everyone to help and join in... don't stop. keep going. My daughter and I go in for another heart exam tomorrow morning.. I pray each moment of every day that my daughter heart stays strong.. I live for my babies, she's two. And I will not stop and I will keep going as far as I can go until we do get answers...... Alana's mom Danielle

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Post by Nancy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:33 pm

hi

Spam post about cleaners was deleted.

Carpet cleaning theory regarding KD was discarded by KD researchers years ago !

best,
Nancy